Do you focus on being more healthy in the mind or the body? Well you will be surprised to know that most focus on being healthier physically. However wellness is nothing, but being in top notch shape both in the mind & body.
As a Life Coach, I work with stressed out individuals & more often than not, they are clueless about Emotional fitness. It is not Rocket science, but has to be focused on as “Depression is the number one” Non Communicable disease especially with working people right now.
Over the years, working with some amazing people has made me certain, that by just altering some key areas of your life you can walk the Wellness Highway.
My Top Ten Wellness Tips are as given below –
- There are 1000 reasons as to why you can’t start a fitness program. Put the excuses away, drop the word can’t and start focusing on the reasons why you should.
- The best time to work out is at a time you will always do it. Whether it’s morning, afternoon or in the night choose a time that will keep your workouts consistent.
- Don’t make excuses. Everyone and I do mean everyone can have the body they want – if they would just knock down the walls they’ve built around themselves.
- Start focusing on food intake from today – not tomorrow. Don’t rationalize your bad eating habits. Today is going to be a great day. Say goodbye to unhealthy food and start right now.
- Choose fitness activities that you enjoy. Your heart knows no difference between cricket and running. It only knows perceived stress. Get your heart rate up – any way you can!
- Eat at predetermined meal times. Your body adapts to these times and when it knows it will be getting food soon, it’s less likely to send you hunger signals.
- Keep your house free from bad food. If you want to lose weight, don’t tempt fate by filling your kitchen with unhealthy food. If you buy it, chances are you’ll eat it. Don’t buy it in the first place.
- You burn the highest % of calories from fat, while at rest. Forget the fat burning zone & instead focus on total calories burnt. Your sleep plays a critical role in burning fat. Aim for minimum of 7-8 hours in a day.
- Losing weight is just as much of (if not more of) a mental challenge as a physical one. If you can take control of your mind and body, the weight loss will follow.
- Meditation plays a key role in reigning your thoughts & Emotions. Spend at the least Ten minutes a day in the morning & in the evening on this. You will be surprised, how things will work out in other areas of your life.
When you begin to work towards your Wellness, one thing which is guaranteed is that the quality of your life will improve. What is the point when you have a cushy job, fancy car & a big house and are not healthy in the mind & Body to enjoy the fruits of your labor?
Working on the above does not require drastic lifestyle changes. It is just a matter of changing the image of what you do see in your Sub conscious mind. When you do the changes in your OS(operating system) you will do the things regularly, which at the times you were putting it off.
Take some time out and sign up for a “Free Introductory Session” I will be more than happy to explain & clarify on how to work on your biggest “Wellness Goals”.
Would appreciate if you can like this & share the same with your friends & family. It does help us immensely in reaching out to more people.